Friday, February 27, 2004

Hooray for ASP!

Today has been a wonderful, terrific, amazing day. Well, getting up early and going to five classes wasn't great. And taking a test that was really hard wasn't terrific. But I got wonderful news and everything since 3 p.m. has be AWESOME, so I really have nothing to complain about.

First let me just say, I GOT THE JOB!!!!! I am SO excited. I mean, I'm also scared to death that I'll screw it up or not be good enough or strong enough, but I'm going to work my hardest and give 900% to make sure that doesn't happen. And I'm SO ECSTATIC about this. Incredibly happy. Whenever I think about it, I want to jump up and down and scream. (And have, several times today) So Rachel and I will both be ASP staffers this summer, serving God and helping people... does it get any better than that?

Next, my sister now has confirmation that she has been accepted to TWO, that's right TWO DMA programs. (That's doctor of musical arts, for all of you non-music people) She now gets to choose between at least 2 schools that she really likes. This also takes a bunch of the pressure off of her last few auditions, since she knows that she already has options.

Last night I got to go see the Count Basie Orchestra, and they rocked my socks off. Seriously. The trumpet players were AMAZING and so was the pianist (and for that matter, the whole BAND...) I was blown away. It gave me enough courage that maybe tomorrow I'll get up the guts to play my trumpet.

Today was gorgeous and it's going to be even prettier tomorrow. It's been warm and sunny, and we've played frisbee almost every day, simply to be together and outside enjoying ourselves. The only problem with this is that I have to work from noon to seven p.m. tomorrow. That's a freaking long desk shift. I took it so that I can go to Sunday Supper, but it's a really long shift. So, who knows, I may be writing a bunch tomorrow simply out of boredom. At least I have things to do. I need to study for my Geology test and read Thomas Aquinas for humanities, plus I need to figure out my schedule for next semester. And I can always take a coloring book and my crochet stuff and a free reading book, just in case.

Sometimes I'm afraid that I hurt people because I say things without thinking. I said something to someone yesterday that I didn't think they would listen to, but they did. It was accurate, but I'm afraid I may have hurt them, and that was not my goal. I need to learn that I can't say everything I think at the moment that I think it. That's never a good idea. So, if I've ever hurt you by doing that, I'm sorry. I'm working on it.

Anyway, off to chill, or maybe sleep. I'll probably write more tomorrow when I'm bored and trapped at the desk.

No comments: