Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Soundtrack to Life

I think that we narrate our lives with music. We compile combinations of song lyrics that explain our emotions and experiences... telling the stories of our lives in other people's words. I know that I do it all the time. Depending on my mood, my attitude, and my recent experiences, I mold out compilation CDs that spell out my thoughts. Think about it.

So, to explain my life: Alanis Morrisette, Billy Joel, RENT, Savage Garden, Simple Plan, Nirvana, No Doubt, Mariah Carey(only the old stuff), Our Lady Peace, John Mayer, Lucy Woodward, Jars of Clay, Rebecca St. James, M2M, Outkast, Collective Soul, Barenaked Ladies, Holst, Joplin, Miles Davis, Copland, Louis Armstrong, Chopin, and Queen. Analyze, interpret, do whatever you want, but that's me.

No comments: