Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Voices, Homicide, and Puppies, oh my!

I hate my voice, and not just my singing voice, but also my speaking voice. It's all squeeky and nasal, and loud and annoying. I hate listening to recordings of myself for that exact reason. Honestly, how can anyone stand to listen to me talk? In my head, my voice sounds alto and not nasal at all... but that's because it's echoing in my head. I'd like to apologize to all of you who have to listen to me talk. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

I was reading the newspaper from my hometown today, and apparently some guy shot his wife on Valentine's Day. I'm sorry guys, but this is one more person who adds to the category of "guys are jerks". I mean, really, what is that? "Happy Valentine's Day, honey.... have some lead pumped into your chest." I've heard of the St. Valentine's Day massacre, but this isn't mob business, it's a marriage. That is NO GOOD.

I'm going to go volunteer at the Humane Society this afternoon, and I'm really excited. I'm not sure what we're doing, but I know that it will involve me being around animals, which is awesome. I really wish that I could have a dog... it's been a dream of mine since I was little. I always wanted to have a dog, or a puppy, but I could never have one because my dad and sister are allergic. And now I'm in the dorms and can't have one. But as soon as I graduate, I'm getting a puppy. The very second that it's possible for me to keep a pet, I'm getting a puppy. Not a little yippy dog, but a middle-sized or large dog to cuddle with. I can't wait.

So, right, this whole entry has been an attempt at procrastinating studying for my test tomorrow, since I don't have any idea what to study. And now I have to go do mail, which is more procrastination. HOORAY!!! I hate tests.

No comments: