Sunday, February 22, 2004

Save the World...

What an interesting weekend this has turned out to be. Some random observations and emotions from the weekend thus far:

The Vagina Monologues were awesome. Some parts made me just want to break down and cry, others made me laugh until my abs were sore. They were amazing. I finally felt like, for once, I wasn't alone. I wasn't the only person who occasionally hated being a girl, and who hated being picked on and thought of as weak because of it. Thank you to Sarah, and Eve Ensler, and everyone else who contributes to a production, a movement like that. Cunts unite.

One of my friends go dumped this weekend. He's a really sweet, if a bit hobbity-looking guy. And I just want to hug him. He says, "I'm OK. Or I will be, future tense." But I can see the sadness and loneliness in his eyes, and I just want to hold him and tell him that it will be OK. He's been wandering the halls all night, looking very sad. *sigh* Rejection bites, and so does being alone.

I'm a bit worried about my grades for this semester. I officially feel really dumb right now. I got an incomplete on a paper for the first time in my life earlier in the week. Then each time we discuss the papers we turned in for Religious Studies, I think that I did even worse. The writing wasn't bad, but I don't think I got the gist of the assignment right, which would lead me to not doing well on the paper. Also, I have 4 tests coming up soon, and I don't feel prepared for any of them, I only really know what to expect on one of them, and I'm not sure I'm going to be prepared to do what is expected. I feel as though I'm in over my head and I'm wearing concrete spike heels.

I love playing frisbee. I love it. I'm really awful at it, but it's fun. It's amazing. It's mild exercise (VERY MILD), done outside in beautiful weather, and you can talk to people while you're doing it. It's the perfect atmosphere to have a fun conversation with people because it doesn't cost money, it's not high-pressure, it's just relaxed and nice. Who would ever have thought of throwing a plate-like-disk-thing around for the sheer enjoyment of it? Who dreamed THAT up? Yet, I am thankful to whoever did it.

Joy that spring is coming. Frustration with my faults. Overwhelmed by my workload. Worried about my friends. Nervous about the Process. Annoyed with males in general (no, don't get offended). Excited for Spring Break. Dreading Lent. Missing people far away. Thankful for people closeby. Glad to have been able to play Euchre. Wishing there were more time in a day. Sleepy.

No comments: