Monday, March 01, 2004

Frantic Weekend

It's been a busy, busy weekend (or was, it's now midnight...dang!) So, here's the story (and not of a man named Brady...)

So, Friday night some friends and I got pizza, then we all watched Beauty and the Beast in the lounge. After that I chilled with them a little bit until they took off for a gathering elsewhere. Just as I was about to get ready for bed, three of my guy friends from last year, who barely talk to me anymore, came into my room and we reminisced for a bit. One of them even stayed around for almost 45 minutes, just talking about life and catching up on things. It was a little strange, suddenly reimmersing myself in a friendship that had disappeared for a year. It was almost like going swimming again for the first time when you haven't been swimming in a full year... just stepping into the water feels strange, and cool, but also peaceful and nice.

Anyway, Saturday I studied outside in the beautiful sunshine for a while, before having working at the desk for five hours (BIG fun...) After that, KJ and I went and got some food and watched Bowling for Columbine. At around 9-ish, I went into my friends' room next door, and as 7 of us were chilling in there, we discovered that the lock had stopped working from the inside of the room and we were LOCKED IN. We had to call some staff members and, though we were only locked in for about ten minutes, it made for a really fun evening of chilling in the room and watching a staffer try to fix/reassemble/reinstall the lock. FYI: it still doesn't work.

I had to get up early this morning and go Preach with the Wesley folks, which was awesome, even though there were only six of us. Then I walked some errands with a Zach and worked another 5 hour shift at the desk. Since then I have studied a TON for my geology test (thanks, Wombat!), watched the Oscars, and run to Wally World. Now I'm dead tired and will probably try to get some sleep before my 5 classes tomorrow.

Some observations on the weekend: Being locked in can actually be fun if you're with the right people. It's amazing how much you can miss people, even if they're only gone for a weekend. Just because you don't do anything eventful over the weekend, doesn't mean you're resting. THIS SUMMER IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!! My future roommate rocks my socks off. I am way overdue for running, but the frisbee and walking are at least keeping me from being a sea slug. Hooray for LOTR: Return of the King winning a record 11 Oscars... GREAT MOVIE! Congratulations to the new Kappas, you finally made it.

I apologize for not having anything particularly exciting to tell you. I'm sorry I don't have any enlightening insights or off the wall metaphors. But my brain is fried from cramming Historical Geology all weekend. Time for sleep...

No comments: