Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Romantic Disdain

I've been catching up on reading of all kinds, from classes to Open Diaries, and really, it's enlightening.

To Zach: 1) Most girls aren't vain, they're insecure. We just think that guys are after looks, and want to work on those in order to catch the attention of guys. I'll admit, some girls are vain, but the rest can't even stand to look at their reflections. 2) I get what you're saying about V-Day. See the fourth paragraph of the blog...

And I'm buried in work. There's so much Wesley stuff that I should be doing, plus FARC stuff, plus homework... but I don't really want to do any of it. I'd rather just sit here writing stuff or chilling with the girls, which never seems to really happen anymore since we're all busy working or doing homework or sleeping or (for them) working on prospective guys. I feel as though it ought to be Friday by now, but it's only Tuesday. And I'm not going to have a weekend anyway, between Wesley stuff and work.

Not to mention that there's only 11 days left until I have to disappear for the day. I HATE V-Day. HATE IT! Passionately. It's never been a good day for me, even on the rare occasions that I've had a significant other for that day. And, YET AGAIN, I'm going to be single for it. At least last year I had a date. It wasn't a relationship and the other person involved was a complete psycho, but it was something. This year it's looking like I'm going to spend that most dreaded of all holidays with my VCR, and Ben & Jerry. I've only had a boyfriend for V-Day once. I got a dozen roses, then I got yelled at. The only good thing about V-Day is that my dad used to get me balloons. But now I'm at college, so I don't even get balloons from my daddy. I think I'm going to stay up all night on the 13th, then sleep through V-Day completely. Can I do that? Who knows. But I'm sorely tempted to try to get through the day without getting dressed or leaving my bed except to go to the bathroom. Can't we just cancel this day of hell? Ergh.

I don't think they have V-Day in Indonesia. And it's warm there. Perhaps I'll just move to Asia. Goodbye all, I'm off to Jakarta...

No comments: