Saturday, April 24, 2004

Updates...

OK, quick segments about the past few days:

MU Day of Silence: talk about a powerful experience. I took part in MU Day of Silence (not speaking on Thursday until the 5:00 p.m. Breaking the Silence Rally) in order to fight discrimination of all kinds, and to honor those who have had their voices taken away because of differences in gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or opinion. I just hope that my silence made a statement. After all, we're all in this humanity thing together: if any group of people is taken out of it, there's a hole in our species.

This week marked the five year commemoration of the Columbine School Shootings. I still can't believe that high school students would bring weapons to school and violently and hatefully attack their fellow students. Yeah, being a teenager sucks, but killing people obviously isn't the answer. Zach and I watched Bowling for Columbine in honor of the occasion. It's a great movie that doesn't attempt to give answers, only to ask reasonable questions. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. (Unless you're a die-hard member of the NRA, then you might not like it so much...)

Today is a gross, rainy day. It makes me a little sad to look outside and see everything all droopy and gray. But, on the plus side, it's NFL Draft day. I'm glad to see that Eli Manning made first pick (I really appreciate a guy who has the guts to follow in his father's footsteps). Not to mention that I'm excited to see what Shanahan has up his sleeves for the Broncos. I can't wait for football season!

No comments: