Thursday, April 15, 2004

Campus Evangelists and Two-Toed Sloths

I should be doing homework again. But I have things I need to say.

First, I wish to address the pentacostal evangelists who invade our campus and yell at us. For all of you who don't know: Not all Christians are like that. Not all of us think dancing and premarital kissing are wrong. Not all of us feel that yelling at people is the way to change their minds. Not all of us believe that women should be pregnant, barefoot, and in a kitchen. I don't fall into any of those categories, and I'm a Christian. So, please, don't let those people turn your heart.

Also, I had ice cream for the first time tonight since I gave it (among other things) up for Lent. It was amazing. I had forgotten just how much I love ice cream. How amazingly cold, sweet, and thick it is. Ooooh.... I just wanted to curl up into a ball and sit and bask in the iced creaminess. Yum. Yum, yum. This is why I need to diet and work out more. I love ice cream too much. It's an unhealthy relationship.

Oh, and I've decided that I'm going to make a list of things that I would choose to be if I weren't a human. My choice of the day: a sloth. (The animal) Why? 1) They sleep all the time. We're talking sleeping 23 hours a day. That would be heavenly. 2) They move REALLY slowly. It would take them 20 minutes to scratch an itch. Imagine never having to rush anywhere. Talk about cool. 3) They hang out in the rainforest. That's right, the chill in the trees, where it is warm, with the soothing sounds of birds and rain all around them all the time. Neat atmosphere. 4) They only have 2 and 3 toes. Imagine how much easier it would be to learn to count if you only had to learn to count to 4 or 6 because that's how many toes you had? 5) They never fight, but they have HUGE claws. It's like, "Do you want to mess with me? No." Even though they'd never move fast enough to be a threat. It's about as successful as me trying to threaten people. So, my non-human goal for the day is to be a sloth. Three cheers for sloths!

Anyway, I really have to go do homework now, the essays of Michel de Montaigne are calling my name.

No comments: