Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Random Rants

I should be reading or doing something remotely connected with my classes. This, however, is a moot point because I have way too much to yack about and get off of my chest. So, here goes:

First off, last night I studied with the wombat (very helpful) and took a walk with Sarah (very relaxing), then I was going to study the stuff out of my Sociology book for the test. However, I was visited by a male friend of mine, who was supposed to be studying as well. He was, I might add, slightly intoxicated. Thus, very little studying got done, and more than anything my friend chattered on and on like a monkey in a tree, throwing in the occasional come-on or double entendre. Needless to say it was an interesting experience. And I found out later that several of my friends were looking out their window and calling us "cute". Oh, dear.

Then tonight when I was walking around campus with Sarah, I had a run in with an ex. An ex that I have been mostly avoiding since we broke up. An ex that I'm not sure how to deal with. Who was with this ex? An acquaintance of mine whose roommate I have an interesting relationship with, which he knows the basics of. And it was awkward. But I didn't allow myself to seem thrown off by the experience, letting off a witty comment and promising to call him. Which I will. Sometime. Maybe soon, if I get up enough guts. Further updates on this soon.

And now, a necessary message: CONGRATULATIONS! One of my dear friends (you know who you are) had her first orgasm tonight, and I'm very happy for her. Needless to say, she was grinning and glowing. One small step for a man, one giant leap for my buddy!

On scholastic things, I am peeved. I wrote a paper for a class. I checked my idea with the TA, I had two different friends edit the paper, and I turned it in early. Yet, I did not do as well as I wanted or expected. In addition, someone else I know in the class procrastinated, didn't check their idea, didn't know what they were doing, and did considerably better than I did. I am less than happy. I need to go see my TA about this. We might go rounds. If there's one thing I don't tolerate well, it's bad grades. However, I'm doing OK in at least 3 of my other classes, so it should be fine.

I also got an e-mail from the folks at my home church, and they have chosen a day for me to present to them about my Peru trip. I have to come up with a 40-minute presentation. I mean, I'm long winded and talk a lot, but I can't talk in a monologue presentation for 40 MINUTES! I can barely make 8 minutes for in-class presentations. This is going to be scary. VERY scary. YIKES! Good thing I don't have to do it for another month.

So, I was talking with a friend of mine today, and we were discussing kids. We both aren't sure that conditions will ever be right for us to be able to have kids, what with romance being so crazy, plus school and career balances. I admire my parents so much more after thinking about this, simply because it's SO complicated and so much responsibility. I'm not sure I'll ever be up to it.

Oh, and there are two new concepts about me. One: I am a puppy. I'm a crazy, energetic, slightly absentminded and clumsy creature. I'm fiercely loyal and very affectionate when I like people, but I bark and even bite when frightened or uncomfortable. And when I see one of those people I like, I get really excited and jump on them (hugging of course) immediately. If I had a tail, my whole back end would wag most of the time. The second one is more complicated. It involves me becoming a minister. If I do, in fact, become a minister, and if I get married, whoever I marry will have to follow me everywhere. The Methodist church is like a spinning carnival ride. The people at the center move the bishops around (the big arms rotating) and the bishops in turn shift the ministers around (the cars themselves being spun on the arms). Thus, I am a carnival ride car. Hooray for me.

Anyway, I'm going to go try to do something scholastically stimulating. Or sleep. Mmm... sleep. Either way, I've written enough (and if you're still reading at this point you must be very caring, so thanks!) so I'll catch ya'll on the flip side.

No comments: