Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Mmmm...Easter Candy

It hasn't been quite a week but, as Zach tells me, I need to update the blog. So, here it is.

I spent the weekend in Baltimore, visiting my sister, which was awesome. We went hiking and ate out in Annapolis on Saturday, just having some sister time and great conversations. Then, on Sunday, we went to the Easter service at my sister's church, complete with the choir cantata which my sister directed. After that we got ready for all of the PCF people to come over for dinner. Dinner was a fabulous buffet of ham, potatoes, stuffing, side dishes, and desserts. Almost thirty people fit in my sister's tiny studio apartment, but the conversations were fun and I had a blast. Seeing all of those sweet, Christian boys and all of those friendly Christians fellowshipping together gave me a lot of hope.

I flew back early Monday morning (I had to get up at 4 a.m. central time) caught lunch with Sarah, and got to my afternoon classes. Then I did dinner out with Sarah and KJ, which was awesome! I saw the first half of the Jazz concert at Stotler, then made it just in time for Bible study, which ended up being 2 hours of conversation with Andy, since ho one else showed up. Then I went back to the lovely FARCland and crashed.

This morning I met with one of my professors to catch up on the stuff I missed. Then I went to see two advisors, one in A&S, the other in Classics. It turns out that since I want to take Greek, I have to rearrange my schedule for fall semester...GRR. I'm almost done at work, then Ive got to head to an M&M project meeting, then more work, then singing for the old people at Lenoir, then dinner before Singin in the Rain tonight.

Great excitements of the day: 1) Getting an e-mail from an ASP CD for the summer from Missouri, e-mailing to offer help and answers to my questions. It's got me SO excited for the summer and makes me feel so mcuh less nervous. 2) I got an e-mail from someone who is on the Wesley e-mail list but doesn't come because she's too busy. She e-mailed to tell me that she appreciates my weekly devotionals, and it was SO exciting to know that people actually read what I write.

I also have one more addition to the "What is Lauren" list. I have been informed by Caleb that I am a cartoon. I'm not sure what this is referring to, or why I am a cartoon. I'm not even sure whether it is good or bad. I don't think I like this description as well as I like that of a puppy, but I'm not sure. At least people usually like cartoons, right?

Songs for the day: Anything by The Donnas and College Kids by Relient K

Anyway, I'm off to the insanity of the day. But I wish you all a wonderful Monday.

No comments: