Thursday, April 15, 2004

Stupid People Tick Me Off

Welcome to another lovely Thursday morning at the desk.

Why do people do stupid, harmful things? Some idiot decided to drag dead lobster around the dorm, so everything has a terrible, rancid, dead animal smell. The east staircase is the worst... it is completely disgusting! Who would think to spread dead animal guts inside a building? Apparently the same dorm-terrorists struck Twainer, too, so the fifth and sixth floors there smell disgusting. Immature people who do stupid things tick me off.

And speaking of immature people doing stupid things, check out the story about the e-mail sent within one of the MU sororities telling its members to lie about their health history when giving blood so that their sorority could win the blood drive competition. The purpose of the blood drive is to save lives, NOT to win a stupid competition. That's the second time this year that a single member of a sorority has done something that makes the entire Greek community, and the university as a whole, look really bad. I know that the whole Greek community isn't like that. I know that most MU students aren't like that. However, this is yet another example of stupid people doing things that harm the rest of us. Particularly since the story was picked up by CNN and now makes our university look bad to everyone out there.

On the happier side of life, the weather is beautiful and the flowers are blooming all over campus. Not even just the nasty, stinky flowers, either. The good-smelling flowers are also blooming, and green leaves are appearing on the trees again. I love the spring. It's as though everything around me is coming to life. I almost expect moss to start growing right here on the front desk. I love sniffing the freshly-cut grass on the way to class. I love feeling the sunlight on my cheeks and the breeze playing with my hair. It makes me want to be seven all over again, to go play tag in the grass and to run around for no reason, just to be outside and free.

And one more random aside, I now have the capability to receive comments on my blog. After all of you Open Diary users have nagged me for months to get comment capability, I finally go it. So, use it! And thanks to the one person who has left me a comment. Hooray for feedback!

Get out there and enjoy this beautiful day, folks! I know that's what I'm going to do once I've survived all the crap I have to do today...

No comments: