Saturday, April 03, 2004

To Peru and Back

Wow, it's been a long time. But I have an excuse. I was out of the country. No, really, I was. So, let me catch you up:

I went to Peru for Spring Break with the whole cult crew (no, not really, long story). It was AWESOME! We stayed with a really cool family there who made us feel as though we belonged despite the fact that we didn't look the same and many of us didn't speak their language. The work was really good, we built walls and did a ton of painting. We also got to worship at a Peruvian methodist church, where the congregation was so nice and Christlike that I was inspired. In addition, we got to see Incan ruins, haggle at a market, visit a zoo, tour a monastery, and see many parts of the city, from the coast to the Andes Mountains.

I got back in the wee hours of Monday morning, then struggled through a busy and fast week of classes. I had a test and two books to read, plus I wanted to catch up with all of my friends. I played some frisbee on the Quad with Marcus, Chris, and Zach, had pizza night and lunch of fun with the girls, got a haircut with Audrey and Ashley, and generally had a fun time. I'm also rushing like mad to get ready for the two tests I have next week and write the 2 papers I have due on Monday. Ergh.

So, it's Friday night and I'm working at the desk. Several of my friends have been kind enough to come and chill with me, though, so it isn't so bad. Sarah came down and visited before her boy showed up, Kristen played Jenga with me before heading off to a gathering, the wombat took me on at Battleship, and Jen and I chilled and talked for a while as well. I even beat Fishy for the first time... GO ME!

Tomorrow morning I have to do that whole studying thing... get ready for my RS test, write my Humanities paper, maybe even write my Sociology paper. Then I have to go create the Wesley newsletter. But after that it's a night out at the movies with the girls, which will make the earlier crap worthwhile.

I have started making a list of all of the things I want to do before I die. They're like a mix between goals and dreams. The list is pretty short at this point, lots of travel and some things I want to accomplish. It's definitely still a work in process... I'm sure some of the things will be changed and more will be added. If anyone has any ideas, you know how to let me know.

Well, I think that about does it for tonight, but I'll write more soon... not another 2.5 week break, I promise!

No comments: