Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Returning Triumphant?

So, the road trip was awesome. Note to self: take more long road trips on your own to see people you know. It's fun. I know it doesn't sound like it would be, but it is.

Buying textbooks at the beginning of the semester makes me want to cry. First of all, the books are EXTREMELY expensive, and there are always more of them than you expect. I can feel myself being gouged. In addition, I know, KNOW that I'll get less than 50% of what I'm paying now back when I sell them back at the end of the semester. And I know that they won't buy some of them back. And worse than that, I know that I'm going to have to try to make time to read ALL of those seemingly millions of books at the end of the semester. It's like losing all my time and money all in one moment, as I hand over my student ID to a bookstore employee who is snickering behind their hand as they hand me a receipt on which to sign my life away. *sigh* And it makes me feel as though I classes are going to start tomorrow, even though I don't actually have class until next Wednesday.

I am, however, mostly looking forward to this semester. I've got some good classes and some excellent professors. I'm a little scared of my class that involves math, but other than that it should be good. And in a week I get to change my major. Hooray! We also worked out our work schedule, and it means that I only work 3 days a week, so I get to relax on Monday and Friday.

It's so quiet around here when all the residents are gone. I almost don't know what to do with myself when no one is stopping by to say hi or running around being stressed about some paper. There aren't even strange noises coming out of the practice rooms. Weird. Very weird.

I'm off to find something to do in this near-solitary confinement. Later.

No comments: