Sunday, January 04, 2004

Curled Up with my Book

We are having gross weather. It is raining for the third day in a row, plus it's cold. Later today it's going to get even colder and the water everywhere is going to freeze, then we're all going to be iced in. I am not looking forward to this. Particularly since I am starting a road trip on Tuesday. It is, however, the perfect weather to sit inside and read.

I like to read. I think it is sort of an escapism thing. I get sucked into the story and everything else disappears. If I'm reading something I like, I block out noise, hunger, cold...it's as though I fall into the story and get stuck there for a while. I love to do it, but I can't do it most of the time because of time constraints. Also, I start to feel a little guilty for escaping for so long, so frequently. So, since it's raining and there's really nothing else that I can do, I think I'll allow myself to sink into a book. I hope it's warmer and dryer wherever you are.

No comments: