Sunday, January 18, 2004

Cold and Bored...Ick

It's a Saturday night when we're not in classes yet, and so far I've ordered in pizza, worked, been for a walk, and watched a movie with Stef. Oh, and been called a jackal. What an exciting night, I'm telling you.

On the jackal thing, is it so wrong to want to make the new residents feel welcome? Caleb called me and Stef jackals for going around meeting the new residents that have moved in. We just wanted to make them feel welcome! Honestly, just because they happened to be attractive males, everyone thinks we have hidden motives.

In other news... oh, wait, there is no other news. I'm incredibly bored. It's cold and rainy, and there are no parties tonight, and I've run out of movies that I feel like watching. I'm actually considering curling up and reading, then going to bed at a reasonable hour. My life is sad.

More people should start arriving soon, and activities will start up on and off campus. That will lead to more things to do. Plus classes, which always fill life with so many interesting challenges. Sadly, I'm actually looking forward to Monday, when nearly everyone will be back and have to start getting ready for classes to start. It means that we'll have things to do again, instead of playing things from www.addictinggames.com and watching videos.

I hate cold, rainy weather. Cold weather I can handle, because you can walk in the cold to places, then just warm up when you get there. And cold often means snow, which leads to snowball fights and thick socks and hot chocolate. I don't mind rainy weather because it means puddle jumping and umbrellas. But weather that is both cold and rainy means that you never feel warm because the water holds in the cold, and you can't just warm up when you reach your destination. It makes me want to stay inside and there's nothing to do.

I have a great desire to hide somewhere and cry for no reason at all. I'm not even really sad. I just feel like crying. Man, I'm turning into a head case. I'm going to seek help in the form of caffeine. Go me.

No comments: