Friday, January 16, 2004

Dreary Dorm

Ahh... another classless day at college. I didn't have to work today, so I got to sleep in REALLY late, then I got to chill with Stef for most of the afternoon, and also with Patrick and Zach, so it was a quite enjoyable experience. The only downside was that my roommate moved back in, which is never good. It's not that she's a bad person, she just has habits that REALLY annoy me. And she's very high-maintenance, which drives me nuts. And we don't really talk. But besides that, she's OK.

I realized today, however, that I haven't been kissed since June. This is a strange realization for me, because I hadn't noticed it sooner. I mean, I would think that after about three months I would have had some sort of epiphany that, oh my gosh, I haven't kissed someone in a quarter of a year. Or I would have had a revelation when someone else talked about making out with a guy, but no. Until today, I remained blissfully ignorant of my very-single status. So, though I don't find it to be a stigma or anything, I feel more spinsterish than usual today. I mean, Stef is single, but she has numerous prospects. And Sarah has a very good potential boy situation going on. I seem to be heading for another semester of singlehood. This is fine with me, but I do feel just a little left out.

As Stef said earlier, "We need men. We're playing Connect Four with each other on date night. We REALLY need men." I don't think it's men we need, it's really something to do. Anything. The boredom is overwhelming.

No comments: