Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Happy

Ashley has informed me that my blog sounds depressed. I am not, in fact, depressed. So I'm going to try to make this the happiest entry EVER. Maybe that's a stretch, but I have lots of happy things to say, so we'll see how this works out.

First off, I saw a "Saved" at Ragtag last night with Ashley, Audrey, and Sheena. It is HILARIOUS! It is a satire on religious fanatics, and it is amazing. It has some awesome lines. For instance,

P: "When Jesus closes a door He opens a window."
M: "Yeah, so you can jump out of it!"

C: "There's only one reason good Christian girls come downtown to the Planned Parenthood."
R: "She's planting a pipe bomb?"
C: "OK, two reasons."

H: (throws Bible at M) "I am FILLED with Christ's love!"
M: (hands Bible back) "This is not a weapon, you idiot."

Anyway, I REALLY recommend that you see it. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332375/

As for the rest of life, things have taken a sudden turn for the better. I've started meeting with Rev. Sarah again, and I love it. She's really understanding and the two of us see eye to eye on a lot of things, which makes it a great chance to talk with somebody who knows what I'm going through. I survived the Greek test and think I did reasonably well, and I think I'm going to get through this History paper after all. I also found out today that I'm probably getting a job that I really wanted (sort of a promotion, but also sort of a different job...) and I'm EXTREMELY excited about it.

I'm also making a list of books that I want to read when I get time to read heavy things again. I may not get to them until Thanksgiving, or even Christmas, but I really want to read them. Among the authors are Kirkegaard, Borg, C.S. Lewis, Bonhoffer, Geisler and Turk, Roy, and Ensler. I'm really looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'm getting to read some really cool lighter stuff, so it's all good.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, which will put me over the hump. Then I'll be my way downhill into the weekend, which means the Mizzou vs. Colorado football game (Claw Ralphie to pieces, Truman!), the dinner at Midway, and Dave Chappelle (live, here at Mizzou, OH YEAH!). I'm really looking forward to all of that, plus tomorrow I get to go to bed EARLY! I must really be an old woman to be looking forward to sleep, but I don't care. It's going to be awesome. And now, to start the awesomeness off right, I'm going to go snuggle into my newly-laundered sheets and give Howard another wedgie. I love my life!

No comments: