Sunday, September 26, 2004

Dorks

I went to see Napoleon Dynamite this evening, and I would really like to have my two hours back. I had fun with the people I went with, and dinner beforehand at the Berg was fun, but the movie was not my favorite. I actually found it rather offensive. The whole thing was a giant ruse to make fun of high school dorks. I was a high school dork, and I didn't find most of the jokes very funny. Perhaps I just don't have a good sense of humor, but the whole thing seemed awfully rude to me. Granted, the popular kids were almost as bad as the dorks, but I just didn't think it was very funny. I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh, and (to quote Aurora) I'm going to fail out of life. I am struggling through Greek, trying to get through History, Geology, and Geography. The only one of my classes that is going undoubtedly well is the Sociology. I have a huge Greek test on Monday, and I'm really dreading it. No matter what I do, I can't seem to remember the correct endings for the noun declensions or the exact placements of accents. Ugh.

One more thing: Directly below this and every entry is a place for comments. Feel free to comment. Really, it gives me something to look at to occupy my attention longer when I'm procrastinating.

Well, off to get sleep so that I can study so that I can pass. Goodnight, cruel world.

No comments: