Monday, September 20, 2004

Awesome Birthday Weekend

This has been a SPECTACULAR birthday weekend. First, I slept in on Saturday, then spent a few hours doing volunteer work on the home of an elderly gentleman named Paul. He was really sweet and I had a great time working for him. After that, I came back to the FARC and talked on the phone some with family and did some homework. Saturday evening I went to Grinders for dinner with Adam, then we went to Cold Stone for ice cream (YUM!). After that, Adam, Caleb, and I sat in the lounge and talked for a while, then ran to Gerbes. Upon our return, KJ and I had a great movie night, watching French Kiss and Someone Like You in the FARC lounge. We wrapped up the evening with a great conversation with Clark.

Today was amazing, too. I went to church, then Ashley took me out for Indian food for lunch. I went out to Cosmo to do some homework in the afternoon, then talked on the phone with my parents, my sister, Dusty, Amy, and Holly. Then the Wombat came and took me to dinner at Shakespeare's. After that, we watched While You Were Sleeping. Soon after that, KJ, Stef, and Rachee came over, and we ate cake and talked. The awesome finale of the evening was running around with the Wombat and KJ at Cosmo on the playground equipment, then running through the sprinklers on the quad, all the while wearing my tiara and boa. Awesome...freaking awesome.

All in all, a fabulous birthday. I think I may not hate being 20 after all. But I am going to regress from here. Growing up is for the birds. I'm still gonna play. Thanks to all of you who gave me such a wonderful birthday, though! You're awesome and I love you!

No comments: