Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Catching Up

Like yesterday, I forgot to carry my camera for some of the best parts of the day. Our staff meeting was particularly exciting today. In addition to our usual laughter, we played Family Feud with some information that our Minister of Youth and Young Adults gathered about Christmas traditions and practices. It was a great pick-up in the last few days before Christmas, and combined with the silliness that results from being tired and overstressed, we shared some fantastic laughs.

In the evening, I went Christmas caroling with the youth. We shared songs and smiles with our homebound members and our members in assisted living facilities. We are NOT great singers, so the songs left a little to be desired. But we visited, listened, and smiled, then spent the time on the church bus between stops joking around and relaxing. It was lovely.

Finally, I came home to clean up and get ready for my parents' visit. They called and informed me that they were going to drive through the night and arrive twelve hours before I thought they'd arrive, so now I'm excitedly awaiting their arrival. And I made the deadline: My apartment is clean, and they're not here yet! Of course, my shopping still isn't done, but the absolute musts are taken care of.

So, without further ado, my clean apartment:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your picture makes the room look more square than it is. Also, it looks lovely before the mess that we made of it with all of our wrapping and hanging out. One simply cannot keep a neat apartment with parents hanging around!