Monday, February 28, 2005

Excuse me, God, may I ask a few questions?

So, I have an enormous dream: someday, when I die, I want to ask God questions. They're things I wonder about when I'm sitting around with nothing to do, things that I struggle with, things that I'm just plain confused about. Some are slightly irreverent, some are silly, a lot are things that I have beliefs about, and many are really important things to me. There's no particular order, they're merely numbered so I can tell just how much of a curious character I am. Maybe you can contemplate them with me.

1) Is the right thing at the wrong time in fact the wrong thing?
2) Why do some people suffer?
3) Are "demons" external beings or internal issues?
4) Is homosexuality a choice or inherent? Is it wrong?
5) Would you just explain creation to me, from the beginning, so I can finally understand what REALLY happened with that whole creation/evolution thing?
6) Why do people get scared of things and people that are different?
7) How are we ever supposed to know if love is the "real thing"?
8) Really, how funny do we look doing the dumb stuff we do down here?
9) What's up with that whole gender/sex/sexuality thing?
10) If the Israelites were Your chosen people, why'd you make everyone else?
11) What color is the night sky?
12) Were the dinosaurs fun to watch?
13) What are your opinions on gender roles? Did Paul get it right forever, or just for his time period?
14) Do You ever get angry about how people portray You or what they say in Your name?
15) How can you stand to watch the suffering?
16) Was there really an epic battle between Angels and the forces of Satan like in Paradise Lost?
17) Why are we all different races when there's no real differences between us?
18) How do You decide who'll get which talents/appearances?
19) War. Please explain.
20) What's the most heartbreaking thing for You?
21) What makes You laugh?
22) Could you explain in simple terms how this whole Trinity thing works?
23) How do all these different religions fit together?
24) Do we all have mates out there somewhere that we're supposed to be matched up with, or are some of us meant to be single?
25) How do families end up together the way they do?
26) What are the facts in the free will vs. predestination mess?
27) Is evil a single exterior force, a lot of exterior forces, or an internal thing?
28) How do you feel about divisions, denominations, and schisms in Christianity?
29) How did you stand it when Christ was crucified? How did all that come about?
30) So, this whole end of the world thing. What can we expect?
31) Which of Your creations best reflects You?
32) What were Adam and Eve like?
33) Is the Bible inerrant and exactly what You said, or did the recorders and scribes make a few changes?
34) If You were to give a 5 minute speech to the people of the world right now, what would You say?
35) Is there any other life outside Earth?
36) Why did You create the world?

To be continued...sometime...

No comments: