Saturday, October 23, 2004

Painfully Busy

First, I have to apologize (again) for not blogging for a really long time (again). You see, I got a promotion at work that means training and more hours. And then there's the fact that we had midterms and papers and stuff. Add to that Wesley, several important birthdays, and football season, and you've got a recipe for my insanity. You didn't miss any really big news, though, I'm still getting ripped to pieces by Greek and History, trying to arrange study abroad and seminary, and worrying about the upcoming election.

I've been reading a book entitled Grace, by Mary Cartledgehayes. It is the memoirs of a female United Methodist minister. I really enjoy it because the priciple character is somewhat liberal and feminist, but also very deeply rooted in her faith. Finally I feel as though someone else understands what I'm going through as a liberal, feminist, Christian woman. I get to hear about the courage of another woman in the ministry. I get to read about her struggles and triumphs, challenges and encouragements, and how she responds to the call. The author is extremely talented. This is a book that I would recommend very highly.

Well, back to papers and work. To quote, well, somebody, "I'll be back."

No comments: