Monday, August 16, 2004

Missing in Action

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you stopped trying? If, perhaps, you stopped putting effort into your activities and relationships? Would people notice or care? Perhaps it's this transition thing, but I seem to lack the energy and enthusiasm to go out and meet people. I don't seem to want to make new friends, or even go out and try to form relationships with the people in my hall. I mean, I know just about everyone in the dorm. There are a few new freshman, most of whom have little to nothing in common with me. There are the old band people, who I just feel left out from in general. And there are the dorm returners, who all have their groups of friends from before. Then there's me. I don't really fit into any of those categories, and I feel as though I am surrounded by acquaintances, and a few friends who are too busy to hang out with, anyway. I know that I'm being mopey. I know that I could go party with them or attempt to build relationships, but I don't feel like it just yet.

So, I am resolved that starting tomorrow, I will be super-social and try to form relationships. I'll introduce myself to people, try to start conversations, build relationships, and generally put myself out there.

But I'm going to give myself the night off, first. (Procrastination, what?)

No comments: