Monday, March 15, 2004

Wesley and Boredom

Hmm... so, another weekend gone by, only 5 days of classes until spring break. And, along with that, some random thoughts and stories that need to be spilled.

First, my weekend was dedicated to Wesley stuff. Friday I finished the whole Powerpoint thing with Meg, which was fun. I haven't had a chance to catch up with Meg in a long time, and it was good to talk to her again. Saturday was the Full Board meeting, which was pretty uneventful. If made me feel, as it usually does, like I'm much more of an adult than I actually am. I wonder sometimes whether I should give up the childishness, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it. I mean, I love the freedom and wonder, and I don't want to lose it, even if it does make me less professional or whatever. So much for being grown-up.

So, this morning we had the WOW at MUMC, which was really fun. I mean, I love preaching, even though I get nervous and everything. I love helping the people learn, and seeing the recognition and emotion register on their faces. I spent almost the entire day in an adrenaline cloud, with more energy than I've had in weeks. And if I made a difference to even one person in that congregation, it was worth it.

Anyway, otherwise the weekend was pretty boring. I played some Euchre, wrote/edited papers, and tried to get all of my other junk under control. The only really strange event was getting asked on a date (for May) by my best friend's evil ex-boyfriend. I don't understand how anyone who hasn't seen or talked to you in two years can ask you out on a date the first time that they talk to you. Honestly, after all the crap he did to my best friend, he thinks I'd date him? Exit delusion, buddy, take a swig from the bottle marked "drink me" and return to reality.

On the other hand, I was talking to some of my friends from home today and looking at the pictures on my desk, and the more I thought about it, the more homesick I became. It made me wish that I could smell my mom and hear my dad's laugh and hug my sister and talk about nothing with the high school crew again. I miss going into my home church and knowing every single person, sharing smiles, embraces, and kind words with people who watched me grow up and were practically family. I mean, I love college and the people here, but every once in a while I just miss the other important people in my life.

Coming out of the weekend I feel like I'm ready to handle the first two days of the week. I have the papers written (and edited, thanks to the Wonderful Wombat!!!) and nearly all of my reading done for the week. I just have to get ready for my huge midterm on Wednesday and shop, prepare, and pack for the Peru trip. It will be a stressful week, but when it's over I'll be on my way to Peru and BREAK!!!

Well, goodnight all and have a blessed week. Songs for the day: "Hazy Shade of Winter", "At the Zoo", "The Boxer", and "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel; "Save Me" by Dave Matthews Band; and "Paved Paradise" by Joni Mitchell.

No comments: