Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Lemmings Do My Homework

Welcome to another week. The weekend was uneventful, lots of euchre, some chilling, some movies, and some homework. We had our last meeting for the Peru trip, and I'm extremely excited about it. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, which means that I am really flexible about the whole thing, and I can't be let down. I'm only a little nervous that I'm going to forget something important. The only things I have left to do are shop, pack, and finish the typhoid vaccine series.

The weekend was more eventful for some of my friends, however. Sarah got a potential date offer from an adorable prospect. Stef got pulled off the dry bar at the Vu and sprained her ankle during Rally Night.

On the school front, I did OK on the Geology and Sociology tests that I got back yesterday. I unfortunately balanced this out by sleeping through an important group meeting for GH115. So, I got out of the doghouse in two classes, just to get into trouble in a different one. That is no good.

I also came to a startling conclusion yesterday: guys are like lemmings. They all focus on the same six girls, then go leaping, one after the other, in love with her. They will, with the exception of one per girl, end up heartbroken and depressed. After all, the girl can only handle one guy at a time, so the others are destined to be disappointed. So, why do they all dive off the same cliff? Why don't some of them go find a different geological landmark? And why can't I, just once in my life, be that cliff? *sigh*

Anyway, I think I'm going to take the rest of the evening off and relax, since I've spent the entire day reading Dante and sociology and GH115 and Religious Studies. It's definitely time for some smut reading, coloring, and daydreaming about the ice cream that I'm not allowed to eat.

Songs for the day: "Sucker", "The F*** Off Song", "The Irish Drinking Song", "Trendy", and "Sell Out", all by Reel Big Fish, or "Sadie Hawkins Dance" by Relient K

No comments: