Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Observed

I keep seeing strange things around the city and not having anyone to share them with. So, I'll share them with you.

A few days ago, I saw a woman wearing boots, black tights, and a T-shirt that ended at her waist. The tights were sheer-ish all the way up to the control top part. I don't approve of spandex as pants, but wearing hose as pants is wildly inappropriate. I wanted to shout "THAT'S NO PANTS!" at the top of my lungs, but given the neighborhood, people probably would have thought I was weirder than she was.

Last night as I was driving along snow-lined streets on my way to the coffee shop, I saw a man driving a convertible with the top down. It was less than 30 degrees outside, and he wasn't even wearing a hat or gloves. Was it an act of midlife crisis? Was the car broken and his hat lost? Is pneumonia the new pink? I can think of no acceptable reason for this behavior.

Today I was studying in my favorite coffee shop when a man entered who looked like Jack Sparrow. He had the Johnny Depp facial shape, Jack Sparrow haircut and facial hair, and he was even wearing a reddish bandanna. I really wanted to go ask him, "But why is the rum gone?" I refrained.

I am demonstrating great restraint.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fuck it. I would have asked the Johnny Depp guy "But why is the Rum gone?"

Lisa Creech Bledsoe said...

"That's no pants!"

Funny, funny, funny! So glad to have found your blog (through Google Friend Connect on Mary Cartledgehaye's blog, fwiw).

Most pleasurable laugh all day so far.

Thanks!

Lisa Creech Bledsoe
http://theglowingedge.com

Rev. Sarah C. Evans said...

Have you seen the really, really tall African American man walking in downtown Decatur wearing VERY tight bicycle shorts that *barely* cover his, well, um, his...you get the idea. I think he's a member of the Hebrew Nation, at least according to his bike shorts he is.