Friday, March 11, 2005

Building

Do you ever run into a friend at random that you haven't seen in ages and immediately remember exactly why you liked them so much? I got to catch up with a friend of mine yesterday when I ran into her on campus unexpectedly. We talked about theology, authors, our lives, and our futures. I had a magnificent time, and it was just a 30 minute cup of coffee! I love rebuilding friendships.

The stress and excitement are building as I approach spring break. The stress of midterms and upcoming projects is weighing on me, but at the same time I'm SO excited for break. I'm going to Jonesville again to volunteer with ASP, which has me psyched. I'm going to get to visit my families from this summer, too, which will be a blast. Then it's back home for a day (just one!) to see my parents and possibly other relatives before driving like mad back to school. I'm excited to get to make the trek. After all, it's combining a bunch of my favorite things in one week: ASP, Wesley, my family and friends from home, and the return of junk food to my life!

So, I've given in and actually gotten onto the Facebook. I said I wasn't going to, but I had to give in. I have discovered that I like it. I mean, I get to see what my friends are up to, even those who are at other schools that I don't get to see very often. I'm catching up with summer staff and people from high school, as well as having another way to contact the folks at school when I'm away.

In just a week, I'll be building for real: ASP here I come!

No comments: