Tuesday, November 25, 2003

How old am I?

What is it about family that they have no confidence in you to take care of your nutritional needs? I am home for Thanksgiving break, and my parents and grandmother have all come to the conclusion that they need to tell me how to eat. This does not fall under the category of control issues, because they have no complaints about how late I stay out or how I behave. They simply nag me about what I am ingesting. Honestly, aren't my behavior and attitude more important than my digestion in terms of parental nagging? However, this subject seems to be a common factor amongst many people's relatives. For instance, my mother's mother nags her about what she eats and my parents nag my sister about what she eats. In addition, all of the evidence of my friend's families shows that their parents bug them about what they eat as well. Is this just an Ohio thing? Or do all parents nag their children about nutrition? Good grief.

No comments: