Friday, November 14, 2003

New York, New York

I love New York City. I wouldn't necessarily want to live there, but I would be game for visiting there for two weeks every year. After all, they are the center of culture for the nation, not to mention that there's ALWAYS something going on there.

I went for a 30 minute walk in the city this weekend and walked past over 20 theaters showing musicals and plays. And that was just the theaters right along Broadway! Where else in the U.S. is there a theater district of that size and variety? I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which has the largest collection of art in the Western Hemisphere. I also drove past the Frick and the Guggenheim. I would LOVE to be able to just visit all of those museums and see those shows.

The only strange thing about NYC, though, is that people seem surprised if you're friendly to them. I mean, I hold my head up and smile at people as a general rule, but the people there were practically blown away by that. Most of them smiled back, with an amused look in their eyes that said, "What is THIS?!?!"

As I said, I would love to visit there for 2 weeks every single year, but I don't think I would like to live there for a long period of time.

The biggest news of my weekend, though, was this: MY SISTER PLAYED IN CARNEGIE HALL! AND SHE WAS GREAT!!!!

No comments: