Sunday, December 12, 2010

Have Patience...

I am utterly exhausted. Today I led and helped lead four worship services. I went to lunch with congregation members and a social event with others. And I didn't get my nap.

All day long I've had a song in my head from my childhood. It's a song from a cassette tape we used to have entitled "The Music Machine". While the rest of the songs from this collection designed to teach Christian values have disappeared from my memory, one song lives on in family lore. It goes like this:

"Have patience.
Have patience.
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient
You only start to worry.
Remember, remember,
that God is patient, too.
And think of all the times
When others have to wait for you."

I have had patience all day. And now the time has finally come: I get to sleep!

No comments: