Tuesday, February 09, 2010

New Roommate

For years (I mean YEARS... Decades, even) I've wanted a dog. I begged my parents to let me get one as a kid. When they informed me that we couldn't have a dog because my dad was allergic, eight-year-old me considered trading in my father for a puppy. In retrospect, I am sure that I made the right choice in keeping my father. But now that I'm living alone, in an apartment complex that allows them, I have FINALLY gotten my dream: my own dog.


Meet Charlie (Charles W., officially) my new roommate/furry friend. He's a two-month-old Goldendoodle, which is a mix of a golden retriever and a poodle. He's less allergenic than most dogs because of the poodle blood, and he's absolutely adorable. Definitely a cuddle bug. He follows me around the apartment and cuddles up next to me when I hold still. When I don't hold still, he just sits on my feet. I'm sure there will be more stories later, but for now I'm going to bed. I hope his whining in the crate doesn't keep me up all night!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I've wanted to visit you since you moved to VA, but now I HAVE to visit you. Lisa wouldn't let me get a dog, so we settled for 2 cats, and I do love them. But sometimes I need my dog fix, and he is definitely a cutie!

Anonymous said...

How cute :) Have fun with him. He is beautiful. Wanda

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Soooooooo cute!!

Rachel said...

Too Cute!Love the curly blond hair.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I get the sense that you and Charlie were made for each other.