Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sick Day

I could tell the Dayquil haze was getting to me yesterday when I realized that there had been a question we were supposed to answer in our reflection papers. I had just written a paper without reference to a question. But I thought I was on the downward slope of this illness.

Then one of my friends, upon giving me a second glance said, "Wow, you really are sick, aren't you? I mean, you usually have an aura of energy, lots of enthusiasm and cheerfulness. Today it's just not there."

This morning, when I woke up with a really froggy voice and a runny nose again, I realized that I might have been wrong about that "downward slope" conclusion. I called the office to tell them I was staying home sick, the exchange went something like this:
M: Hello, office... this is M. How can I help you.
Me: Hi M. This is Lauren. I'm not going to come to work today.
M: *long pause* Oh, LAUREN. I thought you were a man for a second there.
Me: Yeah, I'm sick...

In case you ever wondered, it's difficult to read 18th century theology when you're on cold medicine. It's also difficult to take yourself seriously when you're sitting inside wearing a knit cap with a fuzzy yarn ball on top.

I just hope I didn't share these germs with anyone over the last few days. Take your vitamin C, people, and wash your hands!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny; aura of energy is not how I'd usually describe you...