Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Throwing it out there...

These are things I want to say to people but haven't managed to articulate. I just want to say them here because I can't say them in person. I think there should be greeting cards for this sort of thing, but Hallmark doesn't sell them yet.

I forgive you. There are even things, despite what you did to me, that I thank you for. Even though you really messed me up, I'm so much stronger because of what you put me through. I'm still not totally recovered from the damage you caused, but I want to be and, someday, I will be. I've moved on and I know you have too, but sometimes these things just need to be said. In the meantime, thanks for the lessons and God be with you. (Because I'm not and never will be again.)

I'm sorry. I hurt you when you had done nothing to deserve it. I was confused, but that's no excuse. I wish I could chase the pain away, but you have to grow through it. And I hope you do. I hope you grow and thrive and find what you're looking for and get to be happy. I'll be waiting to cheer when that happens.

You can do it. I know that you're facing a tough decision and I know that every possible path leads to pain. But they also lead to life. They lead to dreams and wholeness. Don't let yourself be held back by the people who might judge you. Do and be what you ARE, claim your path and continue your journey. Whatever you choose, I'll stand by you.

You amaze me. I admire few people as much as I admire you, and just the thought of you makes me smile.

Please be careful. I worry about you. I know you're seeking and you have to take risks, but don't lose yourself in the search. Enjoy the moment, but don't forget the long term. You could get seriously hurt and make yourself very unhappy for a long time. I'll be here to pick you up if you fall, but I can't keep you from scraping your knees. You have to take care of that on your own.

I'm proud of you. You went out there with boldness that I didn't know you possessed. You opened the doors and stepped out into the big, risky world. And, once there, you discovered exciting things you thought you'd never find. Embrace and enjoy it.

Don't be afraid and don't retreat. You've come so far that you can't chicken out now. Go get 'em, kid!

I think I'll write to the card companies about this. Maybe American Greetings will pick them up...

No comments: