Monday, October 16, 2006

You Said It!

So... I've been having trouble coming up with interesting tidbits of life information to share lately, since I've been mostly writing papers and studying for midterms. However, since I have no clever words of my own to share, I decided to give you some idea of the clever, or just plain funny, words I've heard lately.

Wisdom of the Ages (or, Things My Professors Said in Class)
"A sheep is clean because it's not a lobster."
"If you get a goofy building, it's usually a temple."
A sentence beginning with "Go to neverneverland..."
"I'm not an expert on temple prostitution."
Student: "I felt like a little piece of my childhood died." Professor: "Welcome to seminary."
"We don't really think of Godness as something in degrees."
"Homoousious, a word as big as Turkey..."
"There are many places where the Bible says 'like'."
"I haven't had any sleep, so don't give me any crap this morning."
"They just had one kind of peanut butter called 'State Peanut Butter'."
"But I'm not like that. I don't believe that cheap is good. I believe that expensive is good."
"If you want to buy a refrigerator for the Lord..."
"Everything in the English language eventually becomes a metaphor."
"The process, well, it's just very awkward."
Bishop: "You're laughing, what is it?" Student: "Nothing, it's not important." Bishop: "You're making me want to check my fly."
"Once you become a member, it's difficult to get thrown out of the club."

Not Quite So Dignified (things my friends said):
"We didn't have Nintendo, we went to sailing camp."
"How about this goal: have a date by the time I get married."
"Usually only Dave gets to see me eat like that."
"Shut up, you have a bubble."
"I'd totally marry him if he weren't 40...and gay...and married."

No comments: