Thursday, October 05, 2006

Jumbled...

I've been working through a lot of jumbled thoughts lately, but most of them are too heavy and too messy to put out here. Instead, I'll leave you with the peripheral thoughts that have been dancing at the edge of my consciousness, shoved out of place by the big stuff.

-I've never voted in a voting booth. This isn't because I don't vote, instead it's because I've never been in my hometown on an Election Day. I'm really good at filling out absentee ballots, though. I'm just nervous that someday I'll go to vote in an actual booth and won't have any idea what to do.

-I've loved the River of Dreams album by Billy Joel for a decade now, and it never becomes less amazing to me. The songs that are sticking out in particular at the moment are: Shades of Grey, All About Soul, and Two Thousand Years.

-I've never gotten comfortable with the whole bar/club scene... I always feel totally awkward trying to mingle with people and I'm way to inhibited to dance well. I can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

-Next time I choose an apartment, I need to consider its proximity to emergency services. I'm getting a little tired of being awakened at 3 a.m. by fire truck sirens.

-I really like southern weather, but I could do without the "palmetto bugs", which, for the record, are really huge cock roaches, but are called "palmetto bugs" in order to sound more genteel.

-Someday I need to move to a place where I can actually get regular coverage of the athletic teams I'm interested in. I'm getting tired of having lame football game options.

-Other music in the playlist this week: "You Are Forgiven" and "Let's Go to Canada" by Reel Big Fish, "The Shoop-Shoop Song", and the entire soundtrack to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I just had a test over Genesis).

-I need to stop staying up late before the days when I have an 8 a.m. class OR I need to find some form of palatable caffeine to consume on early mornings.

No comments: