Sunday, November 01, 2009

Advent Project

One of my friends, a chaplain, started taking a picture every day of something that made her smile. She was working as a pediatric hospice chaplain, and taking the pictures helped her to remember the good gifts from God that were around her, even when everything seemed to be filled with darkness and tragedy.

I've decided to copy her idea this year for advent. I've always loved advent, and especially Christmas, but I'm nervous that the hectic schedule of working at a church during advent and Christmas is going to get me so focused on the work and the details that I won't be able to remember the beauty of the season. So, to prevent that from happening, I'm going to carry my camera and take pictures of the things that remind me of God, and the season of advent. Then I'm going to post them here, as a form of accountability.

Here are a couple of previews:


I love the colors of autumn!


HIking along the James River


On October 24, I got to see the Richmond Zombie Walk. So, the "undead" walked through the streets of Richmond to raise money for the American Cancer Society.


Zombies!

2 comments:

The Elder Lady Toole said...

That is such a terrific idea.

Advent has grown for me as a favorite season. The hymns and the liturgy give word to prayers and longings in my heart throughout the year.

sanctifyingsarah said...

Great idea, if I could take a picture of your blog it would be my happy for the day. Thanks for sharing.