Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Prepared for Class

When I was in high school, the teachers made a big deal about being "prepared for class." They insisted that this was a life skill that we needed to work on, something that, if we didn't do it, would have fatal consequences. Today, I proved them wrong. I forgot both my cell phone and my calendar when leaving for the office. But, even without my to do list, my phone numbers, and my GPS, I managed to have a productive day. Of course, it was incredibly inconvenient. But I proved my teachers' dire warnings wrong. That brings me to a new challenge: disproving all of those very serious warnings my teachers insisted upon. Which of my teachers' dire warnings should I try to disprove next?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"If you don't spend at least 15 hours on a sermon, you might as well not preach."

Of course, you ideally want 15-20 hours to prepare a sermon. But occasionally, the realities of ministry preclude one from doing so.

Angie said...

I would rather you not try disproving "Don't run with scissors" or anything that ends "...you'll poke someone's eye out!"

Unknown said...

I agree with Erik. Don't tell Paige, though.