Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dreams...

"When you dream
What do you dream about?
Are they blue, or black and white?
Yiddish or English or languages not yet concieved?
Are they silent or boisterous?
Do you hear noises just loud enough to be percieved?"
-Barenaked Ladies, "When You Dream", Stunt

I dream of equality, freedom, dignity, and quality of life for everyone on earth, regardless of age, gender, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, location, family background, sexuality, occupation, language, philosophical leaning, marital status, education, economic status, and political affiliation.

I dream of a vibrant, passionate, global church that values social justice as well as disciple-making and that is truly open to and welcoming of ALL people.

I dream of a world free of all forms of violence.

I dream of a planet with clean water and air, with abudant trees and green spaces, and with undisturbed lands all across the globe where wildlife may be preserved.

I dream of people who have love and compassion for one another and who desire the good of those around them more than they value excess possessions.

I dream of safe, warm, dry housing for everyone on earth.

I dream of love and friendship throughout my life, no matter where my path may lead.

I dream of a world where art and music are valued and encouraged, where museums and concerts are not luxuries for the rich, but culture available to all.

I dream of laughter and joy, even in a life where pain and grief are inevitable.

I dream of greater understanding of, and closeness to, our loving and merciful God.

I dream of the end of all suffering.

I dream of dryer warmed socks, chocolate chip cookies, sunshine, and filets of salmon.

I dream and refuse to let go.

What do you dream?

No comments: