Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend always makes me restless, so I tried to keep busy this weekend. I went to the park with KJ (coolest playground EVER is out at Cosmo!), watched movies with Jen and the Wombat, read three books, did my homework, and wrote some letters. The most bizarre part of my restlessness, though, was my decision to change my hair color. I had been getting bored with having my boring cut brown hair, so I decided to shake things up a bit. Sarah got dark dye, and I got auburn/red. So, now I have earned the nickname "Coppertop" and my hair is deep red, looking either brown or purple in weird lighting. My favorite description of the hair is "edgy".

Another weird thing about the weekend is that it marks one year since the last time I kissed anyone. A whole year since I've kissed anyone. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Do I even remember how? Oy.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous day outside. There's a tiny bit of chill in the air, and the breeze has a taste of dried leaf crunch mixed with the last of summer's sunshine. I want to go walk, or play on the playground, or at least read outside. After all, winter's going to come and I'll want to hide for four months, so I'd better enjoy the nice weather while I can.

No comments: